“I know now that there is no one thing that is true – it is all true.”
- It doesn’t matter what guys really say, they love it when a girl gets her nails done.
- It is perfectly acceptable to act like a lady…and mean it. It doesn’t make you “naive”, it makes you an adult.
- Sometimes though, being a bitch is fun. It’s okay not to let people walk all over you.
- If you haven’t graduated college yet, who cares. It’s YOUR life you’re living, do what makes you feel fulfilled.
- Working as a barista (STILL) isn’t lame. I can pay my bills AND have medical coverage, without help.
- Not all relationships will last. We’re not failures because of that.
- A glass of red wine after work is the best therapy.
- Take advantage of Happy Hour, liquor is expensive dammit!
- It’s okay to not like everybody.
- Being able to get random people to fist pump in the bar when everyone is drunk isn’t immature. It’s fucking hilarious.
- Giving a few bucks to that homeless guy with the sign doesn’t make you naive, it makes you compassionate.
- NOT giving that homeless guy a few bucks doesn’t make you an asshole either.
- Liking Dave Matthews doesn’t make me silly, it makes me HAPPY.
- Being able to forgive someone who has wronged you, it’s important. And hard.
- Not everyone deserves second (or third) chances. Some do, and will earn them. Most don’t, period.
- Not all girls are mean to other girls. Not all girls will turn on other girls. And everything is NOT a competition.
- Sometimes, the scenic route is best:)
- Telling the truth isn’t always the BEST thing, but it’s the right thing.
- Don’t explain yourself to anyone. Unless you truly want to.
- Whatever it is that you do to unwind, do that. A lot. (unless it’s extremely unhealthy, in that case, find a new hobby).
- Choose a path, walk down it, and be okay with that. It’s not the “end all, be all”.
- True love happens when you’re not expecting it to. I believe that firmly.
- It’s totally fine to talk about television shows like they’re real:)
- Learning to honestly love yourself is hard, so don’t be surprised when other people don’t either.
- Dropping your inhibitions for the night isn’t the same as dropping your panties. Get it straight, but live it up:)
- Take lots of pictures.
- Getting tattoos has a way of healing a person.
- Starting over is rough in any sense, but always worth it.
- Taking at least ONE night out of a busy week to go and laugh with your friends…very necessary.
- There isn’t a single person, besides yourself, in this world that is responsible for your happiness and feelings of self worth.
- Everything is beautiful. Even when it’s ugly.
- John Mayer’s version of ‘Free Fallin’ is absolutely beautiful.
- Playing World of Warcraft is so much fun. o.O
- Following your heart, on a whim, is sometimes the best thing you can do for your health. I did it, and I found myself in California…ALIVE and well.
- Never forgetting that is something I will always pride myself on.
- Watching Garden State, over and over, is good for the soul.
- Reading my horoscope helps me to believe in a higher power more forcefully than going to church would.
- Having a real job (aside from being a barista) and being able to contibute to projects that I’m proud of…nothing compares to that feeling.
- Turning the phone on silent for a night is very liberating.
- Little notebooks, purple pens, and colored post its make me extremely happy.
- I am completely secure in the fact that I read all four books in the Twilight series about five times each. Each showed me something new about myself.
- Purple eyeshadow. All day, everyday.
- Making true and lasting friendships is a process, but entirely worth the pain of dealing with the fake ones.
- I realize now that my anxiety has little to do with my professional life, and a lot to do with my personal life.
- Hulu is one of the greatest inventions.
- It’s okay not to trust everyone.
- Being in debt isn’t the end of the world. Everyone I know has some sort of debt, and mine isn’t the worst by FAR, so I need to chill out and breathe.
- I was always meant to live in Washington.
- Bars that serve goldfish crackers are ALWAYS okay.
- Life is too short to work in a shitty job that you’re not proud of.
- Monday mornings will always suck. Unless you don’t work or attend school.
- Morning coffee is vital.
- Having a college education doesn’t always mean you’re more qualified.
- Starburst Fruit Chews spell D E L I C I O U S.
- Being drunk doesn’t mean being crazy.
- Finding the peace and calm you so desperately deserve might take awhile, but it will happen.
- Postsecret.com was the best gift I was ever given. Years into it, thank you.
- Not everyone can rock short hair:)
- People who “copy” other people aren’t pathetic. They’re lost.
- True love is amazingly patient and calm.
- In the David Bowe song “Fame”, he is actually saying “Fame” and NOT “babe”. Yep, from the time I was five until now, I totally thought he was saying “babe”….and I AM NOT ASHAMED OF THAT!
- My cat is so wonderful. Living alone is easier with him.
- It’s healthy to hold out for that “perfect” job.
- Hailing a cab is EASY.
- Sleeping in on a Sunday is overrated, but jammin’ in your jammies until one o’clock in the afternoon isn’t.
- HGTV is the best way to spend a weekend morning.
- You don’t count as a “photographer” if you edit your photos using Photobucket.
- Going to Target on payday is so awesome.
- March Madness is REALLY madness:)
- You don’t have to look for the best in everyone, it’s just not worth it sometimes.
- Girlfriends are a HUGE part of my life. Without them, I would be lost.
- 3 minute loading zones in downtown Seattle don’t mean much:)
- Barcelona (the band) saved me in a time of need.
- I LOVE Portland. I could definitely live there someday.
- My little brother is one of my favorite people in the entire world. He gets me, and I get him.
- On that same note, my older sister is the love of my life. Without her around to keep me grounded, I might have flown up and away by now:)
- I don’t need a guy to make me feel important and needed. I can be (and have been) happy and fulfilled completely on my own.
- I grew up without all the “mother/daughter” moments, and I am strong/extremely independent/not missing anything. My dad was the best influence, and not having a mother around didn’t make me someone I can’t look in the mirror everyday.
- I am a lot nicer than I used to be.
- Saving money isn’t hard:)
- My Coldplay station on Pandora is the greatest thing.
- I was recently asked what my biggest accomplishment has been, and I shocked myself when I said “leaving Tennessee to make it on my own”.
- People change, but I don’t have to.
- I can definitely keep it classy:)
- A career in Marketing, Advertising and Design is what I want. It feels good to know that.
- You can’t wait for things that don’t wait for you.
- Maybelline’s gel eyeliner is AMAZING.
- There IS something to be said about looking before you leap.
- Relationships with my girl friends are so much more vital to my well being than having a boyfriend.
- I’m a grown up. “Wait, what happen?”
- I never knew that an “old lady” couch would/could make me so happy!
- As soon as I started getting what I really wanted, I stopped wanting to shout things from the rooftops. I don’t need to share the most amazing things in an effort to convince everyone how happy I am or how “good” I have it. The very best things are now all mine, and they’re closer to my heart than they are to my blog. Period.
- I still love to blog though:) I hope that never changes.
- I love to hear the stories of other people. What they did today, who they like and don’t like, what’s happening in their life. I can’t get enough, and it’s not because I’m nosy, I am genuinely interested in people.
- Leaving what’s “comfortable” is scary. Not leaving what’s comfortable is even scarier.
- I LOVE writing cards. Thank you cards, Thinking of You cards….Hallmark is the greatest place.
- Airports are awesome.
- It’s good to be scared and second guess yourself. It makes succeeding that much sweeter.
- It IS possible to have ONE job and feel completely useful and fulfilled, and that’s something I never thought I would say.
- Breakfast is absolutely the most important meal of the day.
- Always wash your hands after using the bathroom, you never know who’s paying attention.
- Cutting my own hair is extremely satisfying:)
- Filling up my gas tank at the beginning of the week will get me though the ENTIRE week…and save me money:) Yeah, I just learned that.
- Mid-week dinners in Queen Anne with my friends is extremely awesome.
- It’s okay to ask for help.
- I really miss my cat when I’m not at home for a few days.
- I really really love to paint.
- I’m a workaholic.
- At the risk of sounding disgusting, peeling sunburn skin is so damn satisfying.
- The oil spill has reached Destin, FL. And that’s really sad to me because that’s where I learned to parasail for the first time, ate at Joe’s Crabshack for the first time, and learned to LOVE spinach pizza and late night card games.
- I wish more people blogged. Genuine writing.
- I do not have an accountant’s brain.
- If we could figure out how to get people as excited about saving our planet as they are about the World Cup, we would be so far ahead of the game.
- That being said, go ‘merica!
- Someone in the office just said “I don’t wanna be the gingerbread white boy from Seattle”…and that is so damn funny to me.
- My sister got a job, six months after graduating. I shocked myself by how proud I was.
- The truth always finds a way to make itself known.
- People CAN hate each other at one time, and still be friends later.
- New carpet smells awesome.
- House Hunters is the best show.
- Girl roomies trump boy roomies. For now:)
- It’s amazing how much love the heart can hold.
- My dad is proud of me.
- Time really does fly when you’re having fun!
- Dancing to Passion Pit is ridiculous amounts of AWESOME.
- I am very good at my job.
- I now think in terms of “wow, I can totally add this to my resume.”
- Dave Matthews Band fills my heart up and overflows it.
- Hanging out in my living room and talking to my roommate about nothing is extremely awesome.
- Twitter is more fun than Facebook.
- I’m not afraid of the future anymore.
- I am a complete workaholic. Did I already say this?
- My cat is a total reincarnation of a sassy prince. Emperor’s New Groove style:)
- I really love baking.
- Always do what YOU want. Always.
- Measuring yourself against other people is never fair to you…or them.
- Some burns take awhile to heal, and maybe they never fully will, but that’s okay.
- Comet is still the best cleaner ever.
- As the years go on, I get more “Martha Stewart” and girly.
since when have you been playing WoW ?
I haven’t! You know how slow my computer is! I was saying that it IS fun…I miss Bearclaws:(
i think you got 42 from me. actually. i know so.
I agree on 42. I did it for years, and for some crazy reason, stopped for about a year or so until 2 months ago. Re-addicted, probably for life.
61. rhianna, umbrella. yes. one up’d
I read everything on your list, I love your writing and your perspective on life, people, the world and most importantly, yourself. I wish I had your talent…….and you already know your Father is EXTREMELY proud of you, oh so much.
i loooooove house hunters!!!!!!!! i loooooove HGTV in generallllllll!! :D