A few things:
1. I woke up every two hours last night having a nightmare. A different nightmare each time, all paralyzing in their terror. I need to invest in a dream book. Or absolutely not.
2. Christmas was lovely, if a bit lonely. If you don’t believe that it’s possible to be surrounded by people who love you, sharing gifts and happiness, while still feeling lonely: come talk to me. Because you need a good talking to.
3. Top Pot Doughnuts has better coffee than Cafe Fiore. And better scones.
4. After this scone (which I am eating to make myself feel better for my night of terror), I am on a diet. And hitting the gym a lot harder. And avoiding pizza.
5. We booked our hotel for Portland in a few weeks. Jeremy and I like to do the “Secret Hotel” deal on Travelocity, because if we play our cards right, we always get something we’re happy with. This year: Hotel Lucia, which offers a weird level of swank that I wouldn’t normally go for, but we got such a good deal and I’m actually excited. Not to mention it’s only a few blocks from Powell’s, one of my favorite places on the planet, and I have a $50 gift card. So, we’re in for lots of swank, books, and Portland awesome. And I am thrilled.
Three day work week, let’s get to it.
lol, we are in the San Juans right now, thanks to some travel deal. It’s been pretty bad all around. Good thing we have a sense of humor!