A few things:
1. I woke up every two hours last night having a nightmare. A different nightmare each time, all paralyzing in their terror. I need to invest in a dream book. Or absolutely not.
2. Christmas was lovely, if a bit lonely. If you don’t believe that it’s possible to be surrounded by people who love you, sharing gifts and happiness, while still feeling lonely: come talk to me. Because you need a good talking to.
3. Top Pot Doughnuts has better coffee than Cafe Fiore. And better scones.
4. After this scone (which I am eating to make myself feel better for my night of terror), I am on a diet. And hitting the gym a lot harder. And avoiding pizza.
5. We booked our hotel for Portland in a few weeks. Jeremy and I like to do the “Secret Hotel” deal on Travelocity, because if we play our cards right, we always get something we’re happy with. This year: Hotel Lucia, which offers a weird level of swank that I wouldn’t normally go for, but we got such a good deal and I’m actually excited. Not to mention it’s only a few blocks from Powell’s, one of my favorite places on the planet, and I have a $50 gift card. So, we’re in for lots of swank, books, and Portland awesome. And I am thrilled.
Three day work week, let’s get to it.